Tuesday, June 3, 2014

A BIG Scrap the Boys challenge

Hi everyone.  This is my last month on the DT over at Scrap the Boys.  I've had a great time on the team but all good things must come to an end.

The challenge this month was to use a BIG photo on your LO.  Here I've used a 5"x7" - something I very rarely do.

"TIME FLIES"


I've stamped and gessoed the background, as well as using shimmerz texturz paste.  Lots of masking as well, and of course gelatos and mists.  Photo is my youngest son, who is now in grade 2 and almost 8 years old.  Where does the time go.

Some close ups



I've used texturez paste on the chipboard and used my heat gun to create the bubble efffect.


Lots of doodling, and Flutterby Designs goodness.


Another close up of the shimmerz texturez on my chipboard, again using the heat gun to create the bubble effect


That's it for today.  Thanks for stopping by.

Don't forget to join in the fun at Scrap the Boys this month.  You still have time to submit your work for the DT call too :)

Happy scrapping

Karen



5 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful.. I love the big photo!! Fabulous back ground details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely amazing work as always, loving all of the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great page. Love the textures you have created. Thanks for playing along at Scrap the Boys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Just love all the layering you've done on this page - gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us at Scrap the Boys! xo Charm

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving your comment. I hope you've enjoyed visiting and see you again soon :)